Sunday, October 31, 2010

Houdini

One of my small pleasures in life is watching "CBS Sunday Morning". I never watch it live--always on DVR. This morning was no different. I made some quick cinnamon rolls and started the recording. There was a story on Houdini and how he garnished crowds with his escape artistry. The story made a brief reference to disappearing. An observation was made by my husband and I about how Paxton "disappears" every time a chore needed to be completed. Gabby remarked that having Paxton gone would be like having a "hole in our house". For a brief second I was humbled by her affection for her brother and how she would miss him. Then she continued. "And then the light would shine through and the angels would sing!" I told you--it was only for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment