Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year...New Calling

It's been a while--sorry! The family hasn't disappointed me with craziness and laughter. Santa brought only gifts that could be shared. It went over well. Once I figure out how to download stuff, I'll put up my "Naughty Santa" letter and the 2010 "Caring is Sharing" letter. I keep reminding the kids how much they'll value these memories one day.
I have a new calling at church--Relief Society Teacher (no pressure there!) I'm scared and excited all at the same time. I've been in Primary for the past 6 years! I called my mom for some sympathy and she said, "that's right up there with Gospel Doctrine"--not comforting. She said I have to pray, read scriptures and study the lessons or I'll be a flop. Obviously I know why I was called--it was inspired. I'm just a little bit independent. Ok, a lot independent. This will be good for me. I'm sure I'll bring a new perspective to the ladies. I'm not your typical working mom. I'm like, the coolest working mom! Back to my funny family...
Tomorrow I start working a couple days a week curbside-in the elements (cold). I told Gabby I bought a hat, gloves and scarf to wear outdoors. She asked cautiously what they looked like. She was not concerned with my protection from the elements, she was worried about the fashion statement I would be presenting. Why would she care? She may have friends who are taking a vacation and checking in curbside and may SEE HER MOTHER! (Gasp) Seriously! I'm so wrapped up out there-they better know the color of my eyes. She approved of my choices, as long as I sweep my bangs to one side.
Just a note-Every time my kids grunt and tell me they hate me, my heart gets all warm and fuzzy. It lets me know that I'm being a parent and not a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment