Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Paper Products

When I left for work Sunday afternoon, the Sunday paper was still on the driveway with another publication. I didn't much worry about it because I left 2 teenagers and and 1 adult (to the adults defense--he was under the weather) home with no responsiblities or chores for the remainder of the day. Shocker! The papers were there when I rolled up at 11:30pm. The next morning, when I went to bring in the papers, they weren't there--nor were they in the house. They had been taken to our recycling bins on the side of the house. Who could have done this? My mother-in-law, whom we have a strained relationship. You see, she collects cans on her morning walk and deposits them neatly on the side of our house. She rarely comes to the door to chat or say hi. Her service is all done in stealth. So today, I would like to thank her for her stealth service.

Today I wake up to a dish towel that looks like it was used to clean up a murder crime scene lying next to a roll of paper towels, still in the package, inches from the empty roll still on its holder. And you thought sitting on the toilet to find an empty roll when there a freshly packaged roll in the vanity infuriating. Men might me simple and are most happy when they are properly "loved" and fed. Women would just like our landfilling paper products replaced properly. Perhaps as a punishment they could repeat that 5 times fast! As a personal note--could my family add paper plates, cups, plastic spoons and tissue to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment