Sunday, January 17, 2010

To tired to notice

Working 6 days a week stinks! This week I worked 5--I had a root canal on my only midweek day off. My dentist is the most patient man on earth. He and his staff have put up with me calling and coming in for the 4 crowns I've had done in the past three months. It's almost all over. Tomorrow I'll call to request the second root canal--I'm done with the throbbing pain. He has been very conservative with his treatment and for that I am grateful. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go for the big guns. Every time I go in, I think, "They must be sick of me," but they always greet me with a smile and assure me they would rather I call than be in discomfort. I guess I'll mention their name since I am such a satisfied customer, Sunstone Dental, the Welch brothers. I see Dr. Greg. The staff is awesome. Sometimes that's more important than the doctor. The bonus is that Dr. Greg is just as nice.


The bad part about working so much is that one day runs into another and you don't seem to notice the things that use to make you smile. Passengers and their crazy questions and silly predicaments are there everyday. That never changes. I guess I'm missing the silliness of my family. David is still the best housekeeper and for a better term, mother. The kids are finally turning to him for the everyday kind of questions. I still get the big stuff. I can't give you one funny story. Maybe next week.


I'm feeling somewhat blah. Could be the painkillers. Okay, one funny story. David and I stopped by our friends house to participate in her bake sale. She was selling treats for a dear friend with cancer. Her husband is a police officer and came out of the house with a box of treats and Dave commented on how he got roped into this activity. We chatted a bit and he asked about my teeth. I told him things were almost over but the painkillers were great. He placed his hand on my shoulder and starred into my eyes. "Yep, fixed and dilated", he said without skipping a beat. I'm sure he's seen plenty in his days. We got our treats and he let me get in the driver's seat. (Must not have been that bad) Can't say that I've ever been scrutinized by law enforcement.

I guess I'll end with thoughts and prayers for Haiti. We all need to pray for our brothers and sisters and hope that they get the life sustaining supplies they need in time for good. Living in the Las Vegas valley affords us the comfort of not having to deal with large natural disasters. Our biggest worries are flash floods, which I imagine we could see in the next week. Please think of those with nothing and pray that our Heavenly Father will give them comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment