Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Boy, Christmas sure takes alot of work! I am ready! I'm sorry for the delay in writing. I had issues with my teeth, but everything is ok now. The whole going to Jr. High was a bust. My kids thought it was great. Their friends want to bring their moms too. I guess I'm just too cool of a mom. (Ha! Ha!)
We are now immersed in the Christmas vacation. Now that my kids are older, that means sleeping in and not bathing unless they are actually leaving the house. We've done the traditional things like looking at lights and making goodies and the not so traditional things like turning an old plastic wagon into a bike-towed slingshot and decorating the house only 3 days ago. David is finally back to 40 hours a week. We are so happy to have him home more often. Things have been so busy that I haven't had time to even notice the funny things in life--well, I did have a passenger give me a giggle yesterday.
A nice family traveled here from Denver. I was working in baggage claim and we delayed their carseat. Mom did the report and dad played with the baby and older sister (I'm thinking about 6months and 7 years old). They weren't quite settled and dad had to put money in the meeter. I chatted with the 7 year old while they took care of business and determined that she was definitely on the good list and deserved all she wanted from Santa. When mom came over I let her know what a delightful child she had and how her Christmas would be a dream. Mom then informed me that this was a last minute trip because Grandpa had died. The little girl chimed in without missing a beat, " yep, right there on the kitchen floor." I politely let her know that we all have different ways of leaving this life and can never plan on the most comfortable room in the house. She was fine with that and went about her business, very matter of fact. It just made mom and me smile; sweet child like innocence.
I will hopefully be more consistent in the new year. Please remember the real reason for this season, the birth of our Savior. Know that he is there for you. He is truly the greatest gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment